Hello, SE’ers! It’s Jan again to talk about another aspect of marketing our books through entering book award contests. I’m going to take a look a the pros and cons.
First, I want to take a look at the pros of entering book award contests.
- It gives extra exposure to your book
- Can boost an author’s confidence
- Gives an author bragging rights when there’s a win, place, or show 🙂
- Often book award contest judges provide invaluable feedback to the author
- Raises your book’s credibility status
- You can win cool prizes
- They are inexpensive
- You get to add the words, “Award-Winning Author” to your credentials (when you win)
- You can display your award trophies or medals at book signings
- Can provide motivation to keep writing!
The first book award I won gave me the confidence to call myself an author. Up until that time, I still…
View original post 515 more words